Point of Care Coordinator
Full-time 2nd shift 60 to 80 hours per pay period
Reports to Laboratory Director & works under the Medical Technologist on duty.
Education: High School Graduate. Phlebotomy Certificate(preferred), 1 year of experience and prior lab experience a plus.
Skills: Ability to function as a team member in a teamwork environment. Must have strong interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge
Perform all the duties listed above, plus the following:
• Train new phlebotomists
• Assist with updating the Laboratory nursing manual
and lab collections manual
• Assist techs with specimens and sample preparation
for testing to be done at DWM
• Assist techs with paperwork required for send out on
pathology and bone marrow specimens
• Monitor Specimen Master Log each day for possible
errors and make corrections as needed or bring to
department directors attention manual charges if
• Investigate and resolve issues relating to orders
and results and billing or bring to laboratory
directors attention if needed
• Check the daily duplicate report and verify
duplicate tests were not ordered and preformed and
give report to director for coding
• Troubleshoot equipment problems with LIS and
printers and call the appropriate agency or person
for assistance with maintenance
• Other duties that may arise and are within the
expertise of the employee.
• Perform CLIA waived and or moderate complexity
testing dependent upon training and capabilities
• Perform Quality Control within scope of duties.
• Perform proficiency testing within scope of duties.
• Perform maintenance and calibration within scope of
• Monitor expiration dates for facility and replace
reagents as needed.
• Monitor and update employee certifications
D.W. McMillian Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Shift : Other
Ref Code: 340-475
Pattie Walker - Recruiting Coordinator