Information Services Tech - Information Technical Services
Information Services Department
One (1) full-time position
Primarily day shift Monday through Friday
Overall Objectives of Position:
The IS Tech supports the IT Director. The IS Tech must be knowledgeable of the Information Technology industry. The IS Tech is responsible for supporting daily operation of staff issues. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position. The IS Tech is expected to perform all duties and responsibilities necessary to meet the goals and objectives of applicable programs/departments.
Primary Responsibilities of the IS Tech
• Maintains software license inventory
• Communicates with vendors for system repairs and upgrades
• Maintains hardware, software, supplies and licensing inventory
• Installs and maintains operating systems for personal computers, phones and peripheral equipment including maintaining appropriate documentation
• Participates in special projects as directed
• Advises I.T. Director of any potential problems for immediate team resolution
• Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person
• Must provide a high level of interfacing with co- workers and communicate effectively with the clients
• Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision
• Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate personnel
• Associates degree and/or a combination of related education and experience equivalent to two years required
• Two years of experience in Information Technology preferred
• Certifications a plus (A+, Network +, Security +) preferred
• Experience in troubleshooting to determine cause/correction of user problems with PC software, hardware and/or network
• Experience installing software, patches, and updates on desktops and laptops
• Evaluate and troubleshoot basic network, wireless, software, and printing problems
• Ability to communicate pleasantly with clients and be able to demonstrate, teach and/or communicate implemental solutions
• Well organized with attention to detail
• Ability to work well independently and able to work and communicate with others with a professional demeanor
• Assist in education/training of IT and organizational staff plus maintain accurate documentation
• Must be people oriented and relate well to people
• Ability to work odd and irregular hours, as needed
• Ability to adequately and successfully perform all duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must participate in on-call rotation
• Must successfully pass the required criminal and character background check
All other qualifications and duties to be discussed at the time of interview.
Salary negotiable depending on education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Those interested may apply at the ACH website:
www.indeed.com or at the Alabama Career Center.
Current employees who are interested should apply in the ACH Human Resources Office.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Leonard Stallworth - IS Director